Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT is a short-term, problem-focused form of behavioral treatment that helps people change their behaviors and the way they relate to their thoughts and feelings.
We provide evidenced-based treatment, defined by the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies as “adherence to psychological approaches and techniques that are based on scientific evidence."
We specialize in the treatment of the following difficulties and interventions in children, adolescents and adults:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), primarily using Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP). Click here for more information on OCD treatment
- Anxiety Disorders, using exposure therapy and for parents of anxious children, teaching parenting strategies to address anxiety and associated disruptive behaviors, informed by the Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE) approach and other evidence-based parenting approaches. Click here for article about SPACE approach.
- Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors, including Trichotillomania (Hair-Pulling) Disorder Skin-Picking Disorder with the Comprehensive Behavioral Model (ComB). More information about the ComB Model
- Tics and Tourette’s Disorder, using Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics, largely rooted in habit reversal. Learn more about CBIT from the Tourette's association
- Childhood Disruptive Behaviors, including parent management training.